Job Title – Cleaner/Housekeeper
Location – Croft Warrington
Salary – £12 an hour
Hours – Monday – Friday 9.30-2.30
Start date – asap
Driver with own car essential
We are looking for an experienced professional Housekeeper/cleaner based at what will be a large 6 bedroom, 5 bathroom home, which is currently being extended, in Croft Cheshire. The role is to help the family and care for their home with great detail.
- Highly organised and efficient
- Must strive for high standards with a high attention to detail, loves to plump the cushions and takes pride on the home like it is their home, enjoys creating a lovely environment for the family
- Positive energy and hands on approach
- Looking for a flexible upbeat person who is highly professional and can work off their own initiative with excellent communication skills
- Overall organisation of the home, kitchen cupboards, fridge, freezer, wardrobes, cupboards etc
- Shopping and running errands where required; hands on and uses own initiative to ensure a smooth running home
- Management of the Laundry Room with the responsibility of the household laundry and ironing, and be familiar with working with fine fabrics , silk and can ensure curtains and soft furnishings are cared for
- Dropping off and picking up dry cleaning
- Cleaning duties in the house and gymnasium – e.g. vacuuming, dusting, polishing, mopping, buffing of floors, bathrooms, changing beds, cleaning cupboards etc. – keeping the house spotless, clean, organised and tidy at all times
- Will ensure that each room has a deep clean on a rota basis, stainless steel is polished and the house is presented well at all times
- Organising external supplier support e.g. window cleaning
- Wardrobe organisation and management
- Willing to build a relationship with the children – 2 boys age 11 and 6 and assist with them should it be necessary although there is a nanny as part of the team
- Holiday packing/unpacking
- Assisting with Christmas, Birthdays and special events – celebrations/parties ; decorating the house, wrapping presents and having a hands on approach to assisting all aspects of a smooth run celebration
- Assisting when the family entertain – e.g. dressing the dining room, setting tables, working with silver
- Working as part of a team, assisting in the overall management of the home with the nanny, gardener and stable manager
- Contributes to the look and feel of the home and likes working with the Mum of the house to create a lovely environment and is as fastidious as she is about having high standards
The successful candidate will be somebody who is passionate for consistently achieving impeccable standards, enjoys cleaning and getting in to all the nooks. Happy to play an integral part in the household team. You must have meticulous cleaning standards that is focused on creating a lovely family home which is to the highest standard at all times.
This is a hands on role and the family are looking for someone they can trust and will be an extension of their family, their previous housekeeper was with them for 11 years.
Candidates must not be allergic to dogs or horses, although it is a pet free household there are animals on the farm which is situated adjacent to the house.